The shadow of the Cross
has never faded away.
The years have flown away,
still it remains.
Twin Sisters Who Once Famously Shared A Body Are Now Thriving After Separation Surgery
Six-years-old Eva and Erika who are conjoined twins made headlines all over the world back in December 2016 for an incredible reason. The two adorable girls from California underwent a 17 hour long surgery at Lucile Packard Children’s hospital and those doctors were able to separate their bodies.
The babies were boned and joined at the sternum, liver, pelvis, diaphragm and third leg. Doctors revived that babies have only a 30% chance of living at birth. However, Aida, mother of the twins, decided to get the risk of delivering unborn babies.
CNN revealed there is only a 5 percent and 25 percent chance of the survival rate of conjoined twins and 75 percent of surgical separations resulting in at least one twin surviving.
The surgeon Gary Harman who undertook this surgery expressed that he was particularly concerned about Erika as she was so much smaller than her sister.
“The more calories we gave her, the bigger Eva got,” – Fox interview
This is just not a milestone of surgery. These two loving girls are thriving today.